Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hiatus due to sore fanny

I never realized what a toll bike riding can take on one's tush. I had been doing really well until I developed a rather painful, twin set of bruises on my lovely Schwinn shaped behind. I'd post a picture if it were appropriate... Okay probably even then...

As much as I hate to admit it, I haven't been as green as I'd like lately. I'm still sitting in a dark office (since my date of hire I've refused to turn on my lights for more than a minute. That's what I have these lovely windows for!) but I have been driving here. = X

I know, I know, I'm not proud of it!

But, I DO have some new interesting facts for you. These are from a free handout that I got at Starbucks recently. Please visit www.Good.is when you get a chance...

1. The wind in North Dakota alone could produce enough energy to provide 1/3 of the U.S.'s power.

2. For every pound of office paper recycled, CO2 emissions are reduced by 4 pounds (USE BOTH SIDES TOO!!)

3. If the number of Americans taking public transit to work increased by 10%, we could reduce CO2 emissions by almost 6,000,000,000 pounds per year!! That's only about 30,537,353.3 people!! That's probably smaller than your extended network on Myspace!!


Another easy thing you can do? Plant a tree! Seriously. Go to the store, get a seed or two, and sneak them into random people's yards at nights. Or in the far corners of your neighborhood park. Give it a name and write its biography. I bet people won't tear it down then.

PEOPLE, you do not have to wear Birkenstocks or eat tofu to make a difference. If everyone would drive one less day out of the week or take a bus, one more polar bear would have a nice ice beach to hang out.

No comments: